Homemade Sheer Tints

Hi everyone it's finally here my 1st post!

I'm going to share with you how I made my own sheer tint polishes. Although you can get these from opi, sally hansen and some indie brands so far I haven't managed to find colours I like so decided to have a go at making my own.
Sheer Tints are great for nail art especially as a base for stamping or to colour in an image and in my opinion a must have for any nail addict!

I got some clear nail polish from eBay £2.99 +99p postage for 6 - I love these heart bottles!

I then used polishes from my models own collection. I wanted to make sure I had a blue, yellow, orange, green, pink and purple so the polish for tans and festival collections were perfect for this.

I put 5 drops of polish in to get the shade I wanted but you can play around with this. It looks like it's never going to make a tint but give it a good shake and job done!



They look a bit cloudy in the bottle but are perfect on the nail.


I did a few swatch sticks to try them out. I painted 2 white and 1 a silver glitter then blobbed (technical term) the tints over 1 of the white and the silver randomly and finally stamped with my moyou plates. I also had a go at stamping then filling in the image using a dotting tool.

I'm really pleased with these and next want to see if they will watermarble!
I've also ordered some more of the clear polishes to make a few more colours.

Well hope you enjoyed my 1st post, I'll be back soon.

Love
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

  1. Fantastic post Helen, I really enjoyed this! Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren, Glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post Helen, I really enjoyed this! Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products