Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

Happy Sunday Nail Lovelies.

A few weeks back I was in Poundland and I thought while I was there I would grab a few polishes and bits to review, for £1 each I thought i'd have a try.

I settled on 3 of the pastel creme colours, a glitter, the base/top coat and a cuticle oil so in total £6 which is less that 1 of my favourite indie polishes!



I started by applying the glitter to my little and index finger - I did this over a peel off base coat because I hate glitter removal! Peel off bases are amazing invention, I am currently using the Miss Sporty one which I have found pretty good, I don't really have the same polish on for long enough to do a good wear test though!
Anyway the glitter I chose was a clear/silver holo, very pretty and very sparkly and I did like how it looked over my peach acrylics.
I used 3 thin coats to build up a decent coverage, it wasn't full coverage but it was enough for me. If you wanted full coverage I would build it up with a sponge. I think this would be a nice 1 or 2 coat topper over a colour too.
Overall I like the glitter however even with 2 coats it took forever to dry which for me is a big let down.

The 1st colour is Bambino Blue (I only applied to 2 nails and kept the glitter on) I found this to be a very watery formula and barely covered with the 1st coat - it was so streaky. In the end I applied 3 thin coats but it was still patchy in places but its a nice baby blue colour.

This is Pink Sherbert although it doesn't look very pink! Again this applied really streaky and after 3 thin coats it was still uneven. I wasn't as keen on this colour either. So this one gets a thumbs down from me I'm afraid.

Finally Mint Milkshake is a pastel green and I really like this colour. The 1st coat again was very streaky and it needed 3 thin coats for an opaque finish. I would say this was the best for coverage out of all of them.

I finished each one off with the top and base coat and I really liked the formula of this and the high shine it finished to but it took ages to be even touch dry so probably not one I would use regularly.

My overall impression of these was quite disappointed, I know for £1 you cant expect too much but I found the formula very difficult to work with, it applied very streaky and needed numerous thin coats for an opaque finish and even then it was very patchy. They say they are quick dry but I didn't find they were and if you applied too thick they took forever. I would suggest if you were going to try these you need to set aside plenty of time and have the patience to do 3-4 thin coats to create a flawless finish. I did however like the colour of the green and blue and they did have my favourite wide, flat brushes.

I have heard good things about this brand so I might try some other colours as pastels are notoriously difficult even with a high end brand so perhaps some of the others are a better formula than these.

I did also try the cuticle oil - I did't like that (I'm very fussy about my oils though!) there was no scent which is one of the things I like in oils, I also found it very greasy to the touch but I did hydrate my cuticles I just had to leave it to sink in and not massage. It just wasn't for me but that's a personal thing because it did do the job.

Thank you for taking the time to read - I do have a question for my readers - would you like to see more high street reviews on my blog? or is there anything else you would like to see?
Please leave me any comments below.

Love and Polish
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

  1. تقدم شركات مظلات في الامارات افضل انواع المظلات المختلفة كما تتوفر الكثير من مجالس قرميد بالاضافة الى مجالس عربيه مصنعه على اعلى مستوى

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate how the listings are done about the Best Clear Nail Polish in 2022. I really loved the way they are mentioned in this article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

How to apply Magpie Products