Color Club Stamping Plate Swatches

Hi my lovely nail buddies,

Tonight I have swatches of one of the new Color Club stamping plates which I purchased from Rainbow Connection, I decided to get one of these plates because I'd seen mixed reviews about them and wanted to make my own judgement.
After looking through all the plates available I settled on India - I think this was largely due to the fact I had Magpie Glitter India on at the time!!

The plates cost £8.50 and have 12 good sized images on them

The 1st thing I noticed about this plate when I took the plastic off was that it isn't very deeply etched and sometimes plates like this can be a little trickier to pick up so I decided to play around with different polish and stamper combinations to see which worked best before I swatched.

All the products I used were from RC.

So I tested 1st using my short clear jelly stamper, fab ur nails jumbo sticky stamper and creative shop space stamper.
I also used my Messy Mansion scraper which is a bit thicker than I normally use.


For polish I used EDK Joana, hit the bottle Oh look its wine thirty, colour alike B an electric orange and painted polish midnight mischief.

I gave my plate a clean with acetone before I tried the various polishes and stampers - this swatches show my 1st attempt with each combination.

So my 1st attempts with the Colour Alike were not good and I did not get a good pick up. I had to have a play around but I did then get a great pick up with my Fab ur Nails - I used less polish and did a quick light scrape and then a light roll over the image with the stamper and it was perfect.

The EDK wasn't perfect 1st time either but I did manage a better pick up with the Fab ur Nails stamper and again after a couple more goes changing the scrape and amount of polish I got it.

Hit the bottle definitely gave the best results so far and even the clear stamper got a good pick up 1st time.

Finally Midnight Mischief was another good polish with this plate although the clear stamper struggled.

So from this test I found my sticky Fab ur Nails stamper was definitely the best with this plate, but I have found with other plates that aren't so deeply etched a sticky stamper is best. The clear stamper didn't really work.
With the thicker polishes (colour alike and EDK) I needed less polish and I also found these worked better on the more open images - not the ones with tight, thin grooves.
With all the polishes I went with a quick light scrape but with enough pressure that 1 scrape was enough - I found more than 1 scrape effected the outcome.
I worked at my normal speed, I didn't find I needed to work quicker but I am already fairly quick when I stamp.

So my final opinion is these plates to work well you just need the right combination and I definitely recommend a squishy, sticky stamper!

There are some beautiful images on this plate so lets see them all on the nails.
I have a base of Melody Susie Lux Classics 1 step gel polish which I got from Amazon. This polish needs no base or top coat, finishes tack free and this is 2 coats each cured for 30 seconds in a LED lamp.


And here are my swatches of all the images. The Hit the Bottle was really hard to capture in all the pictures but I promise it was perfect! and you can see I got good results with the EDK and Colour Alike.


Whoops smudged the stamping here!

I hope this post has been helpful. I would love to know what you think of these plates.

Please leave me any comments below.

Love and Stamping!
Helen aka Cinderhellie






Comments

  1. Thanks for this Helen, much appreciate the tips, I may have to purchase one and give it a go, they do have some gorgeous designs I have wanted to try for some time, was just scared that I wouldn't be able to use them properly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products