Marianne Nails Plate 1 Swatches and Review

Hi Everyone,

Those of you who are regular followers of me on social media will know that I recently took a break to focus on my health - this included blogging but I have been starting to miss it all so I am easing myself back.

The lovely Annette from Rainbow Connection recently sent me a plate from Marianne Nails to review. This is a new brand to me and to RC so I was very excited to give it a try and test it out for my fellow RC stamping fans.

The plate I was sent was Plate 1 and its has some beautiful floral images on it.

My 1st impression of this plate was that it's great for any length nails as there are small individual images, mid-long full nail images and 3 extra large images for really long nails. In total 23 images.
I also loved that there are some mirror images to create designs across the nails.

So when you get a new plate the 1st thing you do is take off the blue film and I could tell after that, that this plate is really well etched.
Then give the whole plate a clean using pure acetone and a cotton pad - this gets rid of any dirt or sticky residue on the plate.

I decided to 1st do some swatches on swatch sticks using all one colour. I used my trusty Fab ur Nails Jumbo sticky stamper and Painted Polish Midnight Mischief (both from RC)



As you can see these images pick up so clearly and crisp and are a great size if you do have longer nails.
I had no problems from my 1st try with this plate - I used a light scrape holding my scraper at a low angle and then a gentle rolling motion to pick up and everyone was perfect.
I absolutely love all these images and know I would use them all in manicures - I do think the silver flower on the end is my favourite though.

Between each stamp I always clean my plate with acetone and I clean off my stamper with a lint roller - never use acetone on it.

I then decided to do some swatches using other brands to see how well they worked with the plate and I wanted to test my clear stamper too - the next images are done with either my clear stamper or Fab ur Nails one.

1st I tested with Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink - Again this was perfect everytime and I used the clear stamper for placement. I was impressed with how clear the writing stamps and I love the watermarble look image - I really love that its one of the mirror images.

Next up I tried Colour Alike B a Mars. I decided to use the large image in the middle of the plate and used different parts of it and I LOVE this image. This polish also worked perfectly from the 1st try and I love the shiftiness in this polish which by some miracle I managed to capture!

Esmaltes Da Kelly in Dolly was next and another perfect result. I had to use this flower image as its my favourite and this swirly feather image - I possibly could have used less polish or a firmer scrape but I'm still happy with this and it was my issue not a polish/plate one. I used my clear stamper to place the swirls.

Finally I tried one of the EDK holos - Fox Fur and again the pick up and transfer was perfect.

So my overall thoughts on this plate are - it's fab! It worked with all the polishes and stampers I used and the results were as good with each. The plate is well etched and is full of gorgeous images.
I would definitely recommend this brand to anyone and I will be purchasing more in the future.

Thank you Annette for sending me this plate - I love it.

Have a fab week everyone

Love
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products