Stamping with EDK Holos

Hi everyone,

Firstly I must apologise for my absence in blogging, I have had a lot going on in my personal life which has taken priority and left very little time but hopefully now things have settled down a bit I will be back with regular posts.

In one of the facebook groups I'm in the question came up of how well the EDK holo Andromeda would stamp over a holo blue polish so I decided to have a play around and see how they look over a holo polish as we know they look good on black and white.

I have swatched half of the collection over a light and dark holo so I will share my results and offer my opinions at the end.

First for those who haven't seen them over black and white here they are -


First over a red/pink holo is Laguna


Over a dark and light blue is Roseta

Over a purple/lilac Andromeda

Then over a brown/gold Omega

I put Pleiades over a light and dark pink

Finally over a dark and light green is Orion

and here they all are together.


So my opinions on this - I love how beautifully these stamp and they do all show up however I feel the darker EDKs like Orion, Omega etc look better over a light holo as they show better and Andromeda and Pleiades look better over a dark holo. However in my honest opinion I think these look better over a cream finish, in the light the holo stamping gets a bit lost in the base colour and doesn't show at its best and believe it or not it's a bit of a holo overload (I know is that possible?!) On a cream finish the holo stamping is a real statement and stands out beautifully. Also I have found stamping images with thicker lines show up better.

My tip - If you have a decal making mat test your combinations before stamping on your nails, paint squares on your mat and when dry stamp with your chosen polish/stamp and see if you like it, if your using a holo maybe shine some light over it to see how it looks in the light as this is where I found the stamping gets 'lost'

You can get your EDK polishes at Rainbow Connection - www.rainbow-connection.co.uk
All the base polishes used were Colors by Llarowe - please ask if you would like to know any colours I can probably remember! CBL are also available at RC although some of these were group exclusives and LE so may not be available. It's a brand I definitely recommend you give a try though

I hope you enjoyed this post, What are your opinions on stamping over holos? I would love to know - please leave me a comment below.

Love and Polish

Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

  1. Glad things have settled down and you're back to blogging again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, it's all getting there so I'm trying to get back into it all xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks hun, it's all getting there so I'm trying to get back into it all xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products