Whats in my Nail Care Bag

Its Friday lovelies......
Hope you have all had a good week and have something fun planned for the weekend.

So as a nail tech I am always encouraging my clients to look after their nails in between treatments  and I also get asked a lot about what products to use, so I though i'd share some of my must haves.
It's important to remember what works for me might not work for you so you might have to try different things before you find the ones that work for you.

But here are the tools and products I cant survive without to care for my nails and when doing my manicures.

My Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File is my go to file, I also use these on my clients and always recommend them. They are for all nail types and are a treatment themselves turning the nail to dust as you file, they can also be washed easily and come with a 25 year guarantee. In my opinion this is the only nail file you need to own.
I will add that I currently have acrylic overlays and these aren't suitable for nail enhancements so I am currently using my LD uno file - I do still recommend this file to everyone for their natural nails and I will go back to it when I remove my acrylic.
These files are available on Leighton Denny.com and in Boots and M&S

Because I have overlays on I don't need a base coat at the moment but when I do this is my go to one. I have tried lots but I have found this Sally Hansen Diamond Strengthener is the best base for my nails. It definitely strengthens my nails and works as a great base coat.
I got mine in Boots but i have also seen this in other high street shops.

For top coat this is my go to. As I do a lot of nail art I want a top coat that won't ruin it when I apply it, I also want one that is fast drying, long lasting and gives a shiny finish to my manicure. Glisten & Glow HK Girl does all of that and doesn't smudge my nail art. This is by far the Best top coat I have tried.
HK Girl is available at Rainbow Connection

Cuticle Oil, Cuticle Oil - everyone should use cuticle oil. A beautiful manicure can be ruined by rubbish looking cuticles so keeping them hydrated and nourished is a must! I have so many cuticle oils around and when I'm sitting doing nothing I apply it. These are my current favourites - Leighton Denny Slick Tips - this smells amazing and I have so many bottles of it, the long silver one lives in my handbag. I am also loving the LE Paint the Rainbow Cranberry & Peppermint oil, the rollerball applicator is fab!
LD - available at LD.com and M&S
Paint the rainbow available at Rainbow Connection in 3 scents

I am pretty neat when I polish my nails but sometimes when I do stamping or art sometimes I need a bit of clean up. For this I love my Wah clean up brush - I got this from a set in Boots but I think it's available individually. I decant my acetone into a little dappen dish and use that to clean up when I need to and sometimes to give a crisp line at the cuticle.

Peel off base coats are amazing for glitter polish because they can be awful to remove but I use mine for swatching. If i'm trying 5 or 6 polishes I don't want to keep removing with remover so this is great. when it's dry do my polish, photograph then peel off and start again! I get my Bam from Rainbow Connection.

I love nail art, stamping and ombres but they can be so messy and require a lot of clean up so I use liquid latex on my skin around my nail and then when I'm done it peels right off leaving minimal clean up. I got a bottle from ebay along with some empty eye liner tubes and decanted into it. These brushes are perfect to get right round the cuticle.
*PLEASE don't use liquid latex if you are allergic to latex products*


Finally as I have already said I currently have acrylic overlays on my nails which I am doing myself as I am doing a acrylic extension course. At first doing them on myself was tricky but I have really grown in confidence and almost feel ready to finally complete my assessment for qualification. Anyway what really helped was a new brush - not only is this brush gorgeous it is so easy to work with and I personally won't use anything else now.
This brush is available at Gorgeous Nails and they also do other brushes in the same style.

So there are my cant live without nail products and tools.

What are yours? Please leave me a comment below as I'd love to know.

Have a great weekend

Love and Polish
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products