Becoming an Acrylic Technician

Happy Bank Holiday Nail Lovers.

So about 6 weeks ago I finally completed and passed my Acrylic Overlay Nails with Essential Nails. It was the 4th course I have completed with them and I have loved all of them. The great thing about EN is there is no time limit on these courses. I signed up to do acrylics 2 years ago but really struggled to find my passion for it and wanted to focus on my love for natural nails. Then in September after 1 too many nail breaks I decided to get acrylics put on my own nails and this is what spurred me to complete the course as I decided I would be the perfect person to practice on!
I did my own infills for several months and finally found my love for acrylic so got my qualification.


Over the past few weeks I have added Acrylics to my treatment menu and have started to offer them to clients. All my acrylic work is hand filed with good quality products and I'm hoping to help get rid of the thought that acrylics damage your nails because they don't.

I am so proud of my new qualification and the sets I have already produced that I thought I would share some with you. I will leave links to products/shops etc below.

For this set I created a basic tip and overlay set using acrylic products from Team Gorgeous and tips from Pro Impressions - I love the TG acrylic products. I then finished them off with Gelaze Gel Polish from Essential Nails is Happy Pink and for accent nails added Magpie Glitter in Ella and some lace stamping.

This set was a big deal for me because it was my 1st attempt at sculpting. I used Team Gorgeous Gorgeous Pink and Crystal Clear acrylic powder and nail forms from NailStampingQueenUk on Etsy. The glitter tips were done by mixing clear acrylic powder and Snap Dragon glitter from GlitterArty nails on Ebay. Then finished with Gorgeous Gloss UV top gel.

I loved this set - tip and overlay using my Team Gorgeous and Pro Impressions products then polished with Gelaze Red Opulence and on the accent nail Satin Sheets, Magpie Glitter Blossom and some lace stamping.

This set was done using just Team Gorgeous Gorgeous Pink topped with Gorgeous Gloss for a natural finish. The ring finger was white acrylic and Magpie Glitter Angel encapsulated in clear for a bit of bling. Natural but beautiful in my opinion.

Finally this set was infills using TG Gorgeous Pink and then for a bit of sparkle Magpie Dust in Iris topped with Gel top coat.

So there are some of my 1st sets since becoming an Acrylic Technician and of course I'm still doing my own infills and sets.
I recently took mine off and created a set just using acrylic and glitter. The Blue acrylic is Little Boy Blue by TG and the glitter is Spectrum Blue by GlitterArty all encapsulated in clear and topped with gorgeous gloss

I couldn't create any of these without my amazing acrylic brush - I use Bettie Brush from TG.

I have absolutely loved my 1st few weeks doing acrylics and I cant wait to further my career more - I have now signed up to my 5th course with EN Acrylic Art Master which is creating designs all in acrylic.

Links
Essential Nails - http://www.essentialnails.com/
Team Gorgeous - http://team-gorgeous.com/
GlitterArty Nails - http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/glitterarty_nails?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
NailStampingQueen - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/NailStampingQueenUK?ref=l2-shop-header-
avatar
Pro Impressions - http://www.proimpressions.com/shop/

To see more of my clients nails please check out my business facebook page - Cinderhellie Nails.

Hope you have enjoyed this post - It's a bit different to my normal swatches etc but I wanted to share where I was with my career. If you have any comments for me please leave them below,

Enjoy the rest of your day

Love
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

  1. Wow what an inspiration. Congrats and these look amazing. I have also completed many nail courses through a local beauty school but have yet to do anything with them. I should have applied the same passion and energy I have to my business as I do in bringing myself down and telling myself I can't do it.

    Please keep us updated & I'll be sure to check your business site out xx
    Vicky
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. The best thing I ever did was qualify and set up my business. It was so scary offering acrylics at first but I'm having so much fun with it now xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Vicky. The best thing I ever did was qualify and set up my business. It was so scary offering acrylics at first but I'm having so much fun with it now xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! All of the nails you've done so far look stunning :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the present scenario, there is altogether a different obsession for nail care. Ladies nowadays pay attention to the appropriate care for the nails for that best acrylic powder is the choice for those looking for a matte or shiny clean finish with minimum efforts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products