Itsy Nails DuraPro Gel Effect Polish review

Hi lovelies,

I was very lucky to be sent some polishes from Itsy Nails to review, these polishes are their alternative to UV gel polish, they finish to a high shine and the formula is self leveling to give you a flawless finish to your manicure and the flat wide brush aids the application.

I was sent 3 polishes to try and looking at the colours in the bottle I knew these were going to look fab on the nails. I also love the bag these come in as it really adds that luxury, boutique feel.

Drop Red Gorgeous - No Fear - Green with Envy


The Itsy website says you don't need a base coat for these polishes and they are fully opaque in 2 coats and if you wish you can add top coat. They do finish to a really glossy finish so if you like a quick and easy manicure then these polishes are perfect for you because you can get away without top coat (I did use one though)

So here are my swatches -

Green with Envy is a beautiful spring grass green, It's bright but it's still easy to wear and a must have for any green polish lovers.

Drop Red Gorgeous is a perfect pillar box red polish and if you are a fan of true red polish this one is for you. Personally I'm not a big fan of reds but I did really like this.

No Fear is a golden orange colour and in my opinion a great one for transitioning into autumn, it's bright but it's a really rich colour and again easy to wear.

I was really happy with these polishes the formula was easy to work with, some gel effect polishes are really thick and hard to apply but although these are thicker as you would expect they apply with ease. The brush means you can cover and nail in just a few strokes and the polishes do level giving you a flawless finish and they really are super shiny. I was also really impressed with how quickly they dried - I applied 2 thin coats and this was perfect for a flawless opaque finish.

Now I couldn't just leave it there I decided I needed to add some nail art to my swatches and I decided to use some water decals as I don't often use these (I don't k now why though as they were so quick and easy!)
I got these from Ebay but they are Born Pretty Store water decals - if you would like a tutorial on how I used them please let me know in the comments below.
 

I used the dandelion decals on Green with Envy for a simple nail art look,

I decided Drop Red Gorgeous and No Fear would make a beautiful ombre - I was not wrong I will be repeating this very soon and added some full nail decals for accent nails,

So those were my final looks - so simple to achieve but I really liked how they turned out.

My final thought on Itsy Nail Polish is if you like a super shiny nail polish this is one for you and I definitely recommend you try this brand and for £5.99 each they are beautiful and affordable - I know I will be getting more!

Check out the Itsy website here

You can also find them on FacebookTwitter and Instagram

Thank you so much to Itsy Nails for sending me these to swatch and review I also have a very special giveaway coming soon on my Instagram page so if you don't already follow me you can find me here.

Love and Polish

Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products