The Edge Nail FX Soak off gel Review and Swatches

Hi everyone,

So the lovely people at The Edge Nails sent me some of their gel polish range to review. These are a solvent free 100% pure gel so great for the natural nail. They retail at £8.95 +VAT

I got sent a base and top coat plus 2 surprise colours.

As with all gel polishes you need to prep the nails before you start - remove all traces of polish push back cuticles and make sure the nail is clean of excess skin then dehydrate the nail using acetone or a gel wipe off - this is an important step to ensure your nail is free of any oils which can affect the longevity of your manicure.

Now you can apply a thin coat of base coat and cure for 2 mins in a UV lamp or 1 min in a LED (I have acrylic overlays so don't need a base coat but I desperately need to do my infills so did use the base to protect the nail at the cuticle)

I then applied 2 thin coats of colour curing each layer for 1 min in my LED lamp (2 in UV) and finally topped with the topcat and cured (1 min LED, 2 min UV) and as this top coat has a tacky layer you need to wipe off using a gel wipe off solution.

Poppy is a gorgeous orange toned red polish - this is 2 coats and the coverage is flawless, it levels itself so you get a perfectly smooth finish. 
Poppy
Marine Blue is just that, an ocean blue colour. Again 2 coats created a perfect smooth manicure.
Marine Blue
I found these polishes beautiful to work with the consistency was easy to apply, the coverage built up great, I was a bit concerned it would take more coats when the 1st went on so thin but I was worried for nothing because the 2nd coat covered perfectly.
The top coat gave the manicure a fab glossy finish too so overall I love this range and I need more! I have highlighted all the colours I want in the catalogue!

The only thing I didn't love was the brushes - they were a bit shorter than I like to use but thats a personal preference because they did the job (I'm just being picky!)

Well I couldn't leave it at that could I - I needed to add some more to these polishes.

Starting with Marine Blue I added a 2nd top coat to my little and ring finger and thumb and added Magpie Glitter in Eartha for a glitter gradient on my thumb and little finger and full glitter nail on my ring finger, I top coated my glitter nails twice more curing in between each coat. On my last 2 nails I applied The Gel Bottle matte top coat and cured for 30secs in LED lamp for a matte finish.




Poppy was screaming Oriental to me so I used some foil glue and red and gold foils on my little finger and thumb - apply the glue and wait for it to go clear (then its tacky) then apply the foil, I applied in random blobs! I top coated but before I cured my little finger I added some gold studs then cured. On my Index finger I top coated again so get a tacky layer then added some gold leaf before top coating again to seal in. On my last 2 nails I used my Uberchic Far East stamping plate which I got from She Sells Seashells and gold stamping polish and top coated again.


And here are the 2 together.


I have now had the blue mani on for 5 days and it is perfect still. I will try and keep it on for a bit longer for a wear test but I may get bored too soon!!

You can check out all the edge products here.
You can also find them on FacebookTwitter and Instagram

Finally you can follow me on Facebook - Cinderhellie Nails. Instagram - @Cinderhellienails and Twitter - @Cinderhellie.

Thank you for reading this post - If you have any questions or comments please leave them below.

Love and Polish
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products