Sarah R Dotty Mixes Review

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a good week.

Today on my blog I have a review of some Dotty Glitter Mixes I was sent by the lovely Sarah R aka The Real Mrs Grey. Sarah has her own Online shop where she sells stamping and nail art supplies and has recently added her own glitter mixes for use with Gel and Acrylic and I was very lucky to be sent the set for review - Thank you Sarah

There are 12 mixes in the set and are £2.75 each. These are great value for money because they are full to the brim! I ended up with 101 Dalmations all over my bed...Twice!!

I decided to do a full nail swatch of each and then incorporate each one in some Acrylic Nail art.

Here are the 12 swatches -
As you can see each mix is completely different so there is something for everyone. Everytime I opened a new one I had a new favourite! For these swatches I mixed the 11 mixes with clear acrylic - When mixing I use the ratio 3 parts acrylic to 1 part glitter. The only one I didn't mix was the silver snowflake instead I placed them individually on coloured acrylic.

I then sat and played with colored acrylic and fine glitters to come up with some designs using each mix and here they are - 


Now here are each glitter individually -

Liquorice Allsorts - This is a mix of black and neon hexagonal shapes in various sizes. I decided to do some stripy art in the style of a Liquorice Allsort sweet.

101 Dalmations - a black and white dotty mix of various sizes. I decided to stick with black and white for this design and used the mix to cover the join between each colour.

Neon Carnival - A neon mix of various sized dots. I stuck with neon acrylic for this one and randomly placed individual dots between my different colours. I also think this mix would look great against black.


Purple Rain - A mix of purple, blue and pink holographic hexagons in various sizes. I adore the colours in this one.


Under the Sea - A blue, green and silver mix of various sized dots and hexagons and little silver stars. This is a very mermaidy mix which I decided to incorporate with some sharpie art for an Under the Sea feel,

Snowflake - is exactly that Silver holo Snowflakes which work best being placed on wet acrylic. I did a black and white marble design then added the snowflakes.

Dragonfly - This is one of my favourites - its a turqouise, brown and silver dotty mix in various sizes. I used a sparkly brown and turquoise glitter acrylics and placed the mix over the colour blend.

Blueberry - Blue, black and purple dotty mix in a matte finish. I used this one in a purple and blue geometric design.

Popping Candy - Holographic mix of pink, purple and gold dots. This is a very jewel like mix that I really wanted to be the focus so I used this with a cover pink and I love this combination.

Pumpkin Patch - a black, orange and gold dotty mix that definitely made me think Halloween! I used this with neon orange and black acrylic and this has to be one of my favourites.

Flamingo - a pink, black and silver dotty mix. I love the combination of matte and holo with this one and the silver really adds a pop to the mix. I worked this into a pink and silver gradient.

Aladdins Cave - This is very much a jewel like mix of turquoise, silver and gold dots. I used the colours in this mix and did a base of fine glitter and acrylic mix before adding some dots.

I love this mixes - there is a great selection and the design possibilities are endless.

With my design nails I used both my dotty/acrylic mix and the dotty mixes to add more and for placement. I capped all my nails using clear acrylic, filed and top coated with a gel top coat.
For the swatches I used the dotty/acrylic mix in the back of my swatch sticks as that way I didn't need to file of top coat!

You can get these mixes from Nail Stamping Queen UK and I definitely recommend checking out Sarah on her social media - 
And you can find the lovely Sarah here - FacebookInstagramYoutube and Twitter
Nail Stamping Queen UK is also on Facebook

I hope you have enjoyed this post - please leave me comments below.

Love 
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products