Paint the Rainbow - Box 2

Evening Lovelies.

I was so excited by the arrival of my 2nd Paint the Rainbow Box that I had to swatch and blog straight away.

This is the UK Indie box that the lovely Annette fro Rainbow Connection is putting together and this 2nd box is going to take some beating in my eyes...it is AMAZING!!

So this months themes was Children's Books -


The 5 polish makers have outdone themselves in my opinion, the polishes are all stunning - each one I swatched became my new favourite I loved them all.
The 5 brands featured this month are UK indie Freckles Polish, the 2 permanent contributors US Indies Bear Pawlish and CBL and Aussie Indie Grace-Full Polish and Hong Kong Indie Too Fancy Lacquer - All brands I already know and Love.
Somehow this box ended up being a Blue Affair and any of you that know me well know I am a sucker for a blue polish so I was bound to love this box but even I'm surprised by just how much I love them all.

So lets get showing these stunners!!



And here are the polishes.

This month also featured Nail Vinyls from She Sells Seashells


1st up from Freckles Polish and Inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar is the aptly named The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
 This is a dark forest holo polish with gold flakies. I'm not normally keen on greens and I was surprised by how much I like this one. This pine trees in colour. Its perfect for autumn but I'm already thinking Christmas Manis with this one. The pictures show 2 coats and are taken in my light box, the 1st is no flash and the 2nd is with flash and it really shows the holo goodness in this polish - Julieann never disappoints with her holos and this is beautiful.





Too Fancy Lacquer was inspired by Harry Potter (big fan) and this is called The Patronus Charm.

This is a dark blue holo, Its a slightly grey blue but in different lights it looks purple and gold - it is beautiful, a very magical polish and I really think it suits the name perfectly. Again 2 coats, in my light box 1st without flash and 2nd with - look at the holo in it! magical and mysterious I love it.




Bear Pawlish was inspired by The Pigeon finds a Hot dog and its called The Pigeon.

This is a light blue sparkly holo, does remind me of the paler pigeons that like to fly at me! This polish really made me think of Frozen and Cinderellas princess dress it is so pretty. I can definitely see some frozen/icy inspired nail art in my future using this. Tennessee the creator of this has made a beautiful polish that I love - (spotting a trend here!) 2 coats, Light box, 1st no flash 2nd flash - so sparkly.



I was so pleased when I hear Leah Ann would be contributing to every box because I love CBL. She was inspired by Dr Seuss's Thing 1 and Thing 2 and called this Thing 1 & Thing 2.

CBL always produce amazing holo polishes I just cant get enough of them and this is a bright turquoise blue - think clear blue oceans. I was always going to love this - blue...holo...CBL whats not to love?! Again this is 2 coats and pictures taken in my light box - 1st without flash and 2nd with just so you can see all that gorgeous holoness.



Finally inspired by Peter Pan Grace-Full polish created Second Star.

Now I am fast becoming a Grace-Full addict and this one doesn't disappoint. I was getting distracted by the holo in this as I was painting that's how amazing it is, I just couldn't stop staring. I would describe this as an Indigo Denim blue holo and I think if you really did make me choose this would be my favourite. I just loved it from the 1st stroke! 2 coats and perfect coverage, Light box pictures 1st without flash and 2nd with.



 Finally Sarah from She Sells Seashells took her inspiration from Funnybones - On a dark dark night...I love this book and created some skeleton vinyls. Sarah's Vinyls are fab and so easy to use, I already have a manicure planned for these so watch this space...

So that's the box! Can you tell just how much I love it, this box really did have my name written all over it, I have been so excited by this one and it exceeded my expectations - I can't wait for next months.

You can still purchase this box from Paint the Rainbow, here is the link - http://painttherainbowuk.bigcartel.com/ you can also pre-order Octobers box.

All the contributors and PTR can be found on Instagram so give them all a follow and check out all their other gorgeous polishes.
Paint the Rainbow - @painttherainbowuk
Freckles Polish - @welshforhill
Too Fancy Lacquer - @toofancylacquer
Bear Pawlish - @bearpawlish
CBL @colorsbyllarowe
Grace-Full Polish - @gracefullnailpolish

Freckles Polish has their own etsy store where you can purchase polishes - www.etsy.com/shop/frecklespolish

and the other brands can be purchased at Rainbow Connection

I hope you enjoyed this post, please leave me a comment below.

Love and PTR Polish

Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

  1. Great review. Love the CBL! Leah Ann makes amazing holos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bethany. Did you order the box? They are all gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bethany. Did you order the box? They are all gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bethany. Did you order the box? They are all gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products