November Challenge - Purple Nails for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness

Can't believe its 1st December...are your trees up yet?

Throughout November to lovely ladies on Instagram Jayne - @starryeyed83 and Debbie - @ladyandthe_stamp hosted a purple challenge to raise awareness for Pancreatic Cancer which I was very pleased to take part in.
Both of these ladies have had someone in their lives who have been affected by this awful disease and it's so wonderful when the IG community come together to raise awareness for a cause.

A few bits of info about Pancreatic Cancer before I show my manis -
Despite it's high death rate and lack of improvement in chances of survival Pancreatic Cancer attracts very little funding for research compared to many other cancers.
Pancreatic Cancer is difficult to diagnose and treat and is usually aggressive. Symptoms often don't show until a late stage when it is too late for surgery.
This info was shared in Jayne's posts on Instagram.

So the themes were - Hearts/Love, Gradient, Flowers, Wings/Feathers and Glitter and the only rule was purple had to be used somewhere.

Here are my creations

For my Hearts and Love manicure I used a base of Bear Pawlish Fleur de Lis and Are you a Bad Fish too? and stamped with Esmaltes da Kelly Maria and Wendy with Born Pretty Plate BP61

Gradient - I did a purple gradient using all Leighton Denny polishes - Lilac Lust, I like Lilac, Dress to Impress, The Heiress, Crown Jewels and Embellish me. I was really unhappy with this so I added some stamping with 2true metallic Artemis and my Uberchic Fairytale 01 plate

 Flowers - This time I use 2true metallic Artemis as a base and stamped with Esmaltes da Kelly Maria and Wendy using my Apipila Super Placa B plate.

Wings/Feathers - It was time to use my purple CBLs I used (from little to thumb) Gouls just wanna have fun, The Crowning Moment, Paper Moon, Fall-O-Me and Hyacinth Bouquet. Stamped with Esmaltes Da Kelly Dixie, Wendy and Maria and used Born Pretty Stamping Plates BP54, BP74 & BP75

And last but not least Glitter. I used Esmaltes da Kelly Joker and Cupcake Polish Poor Unfortunate Souls (from PTRNovember) then stamped with Models Own Chrome Silver and Pet'la Plate Toro

I absolutely loved taking part in this challenge - a monthly challenge really helps find some nail art mojo!

Hope you liked these manis and make sure you check out Jayne and Debbie on Instagram

Love and Purple Polish
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products