Fab ur Nails FUN 21 Swatches and Review

Hi Everyone,

So the lovely Annette from Rainbow Connection very kindly sent me the 6 new Fab ur Nails stamping plates to review. I was so excited when I received them because they are just as amazing as the pictures I had seen online. They are full of beautiful images and there is definitely something for everyone.

So the 1st plate I have for you is FUN 21 and straightaway I was inspired by several of the images to create some nail art.
How fab and varied is this plate? 
The image sizes are good too and fit my longer nails just fine. They are beautifully etched and even the finer lines are well etched so I knew these were going to pick up amazingly.

The first thing I do with a new plate is take off the protective layer and clean the entire plate with pure acetone.

For my swatches today I've tested with a variety of stamping polishes and 2 stampers - my Fab ur Nails Jumbo Squishy Stamper and my 2 in 1 Crystal Embellished Clear Stamper. 

Swatches

Hit the Bottle - Tipsy Grasshopper. This picked up perfectly 1st time with both stampers. I used my normal stamping technique which is a quick, light scrape with a firm scraper and a gentle roll over with the stampers and that worked fine.


Painted Polish - Midnight Mischief. Again I used my normal technique and the pick up was perfect 1st time. The image on the yellow does look like that.


Esmaltes da Kelly - Lolly. Another perfect 1st time pick up with both stampers.


Colour Alike - Supernova. Well this plate gets 4 out of 4 - perfect again and I absolutely love that negative space image.


Colors by Llarowe - You make me Smile. So finally I decided to test this with one of my many non stamping polish brands so this is just a normal indie brand. Whilst the colour isn't as opaque as the stamping polish it still picked up and transferred perfectly and I really like it - it works so well over the pastel base colours.


So this rose is a layered image so I stamped the coloured petals 1st using the CBL then using midnight mischief I stamped the outline and used my clear stamper to line up.

So as I said at the start I was pretty certain these plates would pick up brilliantly and I wasn't wrong. The images are so crisp and clear and both the stampers and all the polish worked great with this brand. It is an amazing plate and I definitely recommend it to you all.

So as I said I was inspired by several of these images straightaway to create some nail art so here are some of my 1st manicures with this plate.
I will leave shop links below.

Base - Picture Polish - Lakodom
Stamping - Painted Polish - Midnight Mischeif
Flower Infill - Asda Gellies

Base - Painted Polish - Midnight Mischief
Gradient Stamping - Colour Alike - Green Light, Electric Orange, Cobalt Kick, Yellow Glow, Fuchsia Flash

I then decided to add a matte top coat to this one.

Smooshy Base - Glisten & Glow - Great Balancing Act, Your Mountain is Waiting, 98 & 3/4 Percent Guaranteed
Stamping - EDK - Dolly

Base - Emily de Molly - A Pink Aquisition
Reverse Stamped Images - Painted Polish - Midnight Mischief
Emily de Molly - Where Boys fear to tread











All my manicures were top coated with Glisten & Glow HK Girl and any clean up was done using my Rainbow Connection Clean Up brush.

All the products I used in my swatches and manicures are from Rainbow Connection except the ASDA gellies (ASDA obviously!) although some may not be available anymore or out of stock.

I hope you have enjoyed this post - I have changed things up a bit for how I do these swatch posts so would love to know your thoughts.

I have a mani tutorial using 1 more of the images from this plate going on my youtube channel on Friday so please check that out.

💙 My Links 💙
Please like/follow/subscribe 💋

Also please check out all of Rainbow Connection's social media - TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Thank you for reading, please leave me any comments below.

Love
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products