Paint The Rainbow - The 1st box

Hello Lovelies.

So on Wednesday I sat at home patiently awaiting the arrival of the 1st ever Paint the Rainbow box the UKs first monthly indie nail box. I was starting to give up hope of it arriving but finally the doorbell rang and I rushed to answer it like a kid at christmas.

I was straight into it and my 1st impressions were WOW!
and as I opened the bubble wrap to reveal the polishes more WOW!

So the theme of the box was favourite album covers and it included 3 brands I hadn't tried before so I couldn't wait to get swatching - So here we go!

1st up a brand that I already know and love Lilypad Lacquer based on Katy Perrys Teenage Dreams and called Teenage Dreams -
This is a Lilac Holo with Blue Flecks - the holo has a rose gold look to it. This was fast drying and got perfect coverage in 2 coats. Its a really pretty girly colour.

Now a new brand to me Dark Metal Lacquer inspired by Nightwish Oceanborn also called Oceanborn.
This is a royal purple holo. It had perfect coverage in 2 coats and dried really quickly. I love these bottle shapes too! I found it really hard to capture the true colour in a picture and its so much more purple in real life.
 This without flash

And with flash

So another brand I hadn't tried Bear Pawlish and I have to say I'm needing all the bears now!!! This was inspired by Nine Inch Nails Pretty Hate Machine and is called Kinda, I want to.
 This is a black holo and again really hard to capture in a picture but the holo is stunning. I found 2 thin coats got good coverage but I sometimes find with black 3 is better. Again fast drying and I loved the formula. It was a proper black polish and I love it. Need more Bears!!

So a brand I know and love Colors by Llarowe (CBL) and this one was inspired by Michael Jacksons Dangerous and is also named Dangerous.
A dark green holo with a hint of blue in certain light. Like all CBLs this is a brilliand holo and gets perfect coverage in 1 coat but i definitely say go for 2 because it shows the true depth of colour and it is beautiful. Same perfect CBL formula and super speedy drying. I was always going to love this one and Leah Ann didn't disappoint.

And finally the other new brand to me Fair Maiden inspired by The Cures Wish and called Friday I'm in love.
 This is a burnt orange holo, Not normally a colour I would go for but I really like it, it's perfect for Autumn and I already have a few nail art ideas to use it with. It's got slight gold undertones, great coverage in 2 coats and quick drying, another brand I need more of.

The added extra in this months box was Annettes very own Cuticle Oil, I have been using this everyday since I got it and it is amazing, my cuticles fell nourished and look healthy. It absorbs really well and I love the rollerball applicator.

All my swatches were 2 coats of colour with top coat and the pictures were taken with a flash apart from the one stated.

I cant wait for next months box!!

The colours were a complete mystery until it arrived and although this may not be for everyone I loved the suspense! The theme, inspiration images and brands were released over the month.

If you want to try this box all information can be found on Instagram - @painttherainbowuk or in the facebook group - Paint the Rainbow.
There is also a link the the shop on www.rainbow-connection.co.uk

Hope you enjoyed this post, Please leave me a comment.

See you Soon

Love
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products