Review of new Rainbow Connection Crystal Stamper

Hello all my lovely nail friends,

I am back...I am still struggling with my health and off work but I'm trying to get myself back and with that trying to find my nail passion again so I thought blogging again would be a good place to start. I have also made some changes to my Facebook page as I'm still not working it is my swatch and review page at present, I am also attempting short video tutorials and will hopefully be venturing into YouTube soon!!!

So today's post is a review of the new 2 in 1 Crystal Embellished stamper the lovely Annette from Rainbow Connection sent me.



This stamper has 2 large stamping heads with see through barrels and can be stacked for easy storage, it has a lid to protect the stamping head and crystals in the bottom. Each head is different 1 is domed and firmer while the other is flatter and slightly squishier (I prefer this one) although it is not as squishy as my all time favourite!!



As with my previous reviews I chose to swatch the 2 heads with a variety of polishes and plates from Rainbow Connection and here they are -

Sugar Bubbles 49 and EDK Zilda
I found with this combination I needed a firm scrape of the polish and a very light touch when I picked up (I used my go to rolling action) and this worked perfectly 1st time


Creative Shop 27 and Colour Alike B a Fuchsia Flash
With this polish and plate combination I found I needed a lot more polish and an even lighter scrape, then a very gentle rolling motion to pick up. It actually took me a couple of attempts to get it perfect. I have often found clear stampers don't like the Colour Alike neons but are better if you choose an image which isn't too finely etched. As you can see it is possible but definitely needs a gentle touch.


Bundle Monster BM-XL25 and Hit the Bottle Absinthe Minded
For this combination I used my usual quick firm scrape and gentle roll of the stamp to pick up and this was perfect 1st time.


Moyra Dreamology and EDK Andromeda
As I know the Moyra plates are not so deeply etched I went with a gentle scrape with my firm scraper and then a gentle roll over the image (not applying pressure) to get my pick up and this worked great 1st time


I then decided to test these stamper heads with both rolling pick up and press down pick up.

For the rolling pick up I used the Bundle Monster plate and Hit the bottle polish, I gently roll the stamper over the scraped image using minimal pressure and as you can see both heads got a good pick up


With the press down method I again used the Bundle Monster plate and this time EDK Zilda, for this method I place the stamper head down onto the scraped image an apply a small amount of pressure for a moment then lift off and as you can see again this method also worked great.



I really like this stamper - a bit tricky with the colour alike but I have come to expect that with this brand and clear stampers. It definitely required slightly different pressure depending on the plate so if you don't get a pick up 1st time I would recommend adjusting that 1st.
Personally I prefer the flatter head but I always find with my nail length I'm not keen on a domed head but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, it really is a personal choice.


You can get your stamper here

If you are in the Rainbow Connection Junkies Facebook page I will have a video tutorial using this stamper up sometime this week.

If you don't already please follow me on my various social media pages all the links are at the top of the page and look out for my YouTube channel coming soon.

Love
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products