Twinkled T - Stamping Polishes Swatches

Happy Wednesday Everyone,

Today I have some swatches and my thoughts of the new Twinkled T stamping polishes which are in stock on Rainbow Connection. I decided to give these a go for several reasons - 1 I needed a new red stamping polish and there was a red, 2 at present the gold and silver I use are not from RC so I wanted an RC brand for these colours, 3 they are stamping polish and you all know what a stamping addict I am and last but not least...Why not!! 😂

So I got 5 of the 6 - silver, gold, red, black and white. Now we all know that I am 100% loyal to Midnight Mischief so this black is going to have to be something special to convert me so lets see the results.

So firstly they come in these gorgeous unicorn boxes - what are your thoughts on boxes? do you keep them or not?

Now personally I think this is a warning all nail polish!! I am always happy when I get my nail mail.

*For my swatches with these polishes I used 5 different stampers and 5 different plate brands - all available from Rainbow Connection. I also used my mini sturdy RC scraper*

Gold
This is a thicker polish but I found it wasn't too thick that it was difficult to apply in fact it went on nicely and you get good full coverage from 1 coat. For stamping I found you didn't need too much polish but a quick firm scrape did work better.
This polish is really pigmented and stupidly I didn't use my Zap so my fingers were very sparkly after therefore I definitely recommend a protection barrier and base coat!

My Nails - Fab ur Nails Mini Stamper & Uberchic 6-02
Yellow - Bunny Stamper & Sugar Bubbles SB020
Pink - Bundle Monster Stamper & Marianne Plate 12
Blue - 2 in 1 Clear Stamper & Creative Shop 25
Grey - Fab ur Nals Jumbo Squishy & Bundle Monster BM XL212

I was able to use my normal stamping action and get a great pick up - I just scraped a bit firmer.

Silver
So with the silver I actually found I needed slightly more polish for stamping and again a quick hard scrape! Again this is a thicker polish but it still applied really beautifully in 1 coat. I did notice this one had a very strong metallic smell to it though.
I would also recommend you float on a generous amount of top coat when top coating this.
Apart from the bits I mentioned my normal stamping technique worked fine.
My Nails - 2 in 1 Clear Stamper & Creative Shop 25
Pink - Fab ur Nails Mini Stamper & Sugar Bubbles SB020
Blue - Bunny Stamper & Marianne Plate 12
Yellow - Fab ur Nails Jumbo Squishy Stamper & Uberchic 6-02
Grey - Bundle Monster Stamper & Bundle Monster BM XL212

Red
Again this is another really super pigmented polish and if you are using it as a base colour you definitely need a base coat - this stained my gel overlay and it wasn't on for long!
Its another thicker polish but not as thick as the gold and silver. When top coating I would recommend leaving it a good few minutes before floating over a generous amount - I can see this dragging and smudging even with the best top coat which is a slight disappointment.
My Nails - Fab ur Nails Jumbo Squishy Stamper & Bundle Monster BM XL212
Pink - Bunny Stamper & Creative Shop 25
Blue - 2 in 1 Clear Stamper & Marianne Plates 12
Grey - Fab ur Nails Mini Stamper & Sugar Bubbles SB020
Yellow - Bundle Monster Stamper & Uberchic 6-02

Black
*The full nail swatch is on my index finger only*
Again this is another high pigmented polish which gave good coverage from 1 coat. It stamped absolutely beautifully and I was able to fully use my normal stamping technique. Unfortunately when I came to add top coat the stamping did start to drag. Obviously as I was swatching I didnt wait as long as I normally do to top coat so this may help stop that happening but I would definitely suggest a generous amount of top coat floated over the nail and use as few strokes as possible (3 should fully cover nail)
Despite this it is a lovely stamping polish but for those of you curious Midnight Mischief stays Number 1!!

My Nails - Bundle Monster Stamper & Sugar Bubbles SB020
Grey - Bunny Stamper & Bundle Monster BM XL212
Yellow - Fab ur Nails Jumbo Squishy Stamper & Uberchic 6-02
Blue - Fab ur Nails Mini Stamper & Marianne Plate 12
Pink - 2 in 1 Clear Stamper & Creative Shop 25


 White
Another highly pigmented good coverage polish and applied in 1 coat easily. This polish had amazing pick up and transfer and really looks great.
Unfortunately again this one started to drag when I top coated but as I said previously I work a lot quicker when swatching so would normally have longer between stamping and top coating but this definitely one of those polishes I recommend floating and a generous amount.
Still looks fab!
My Nails - Bunny Stamper & Marianne Plate 12
Pink - Fab ur Nails Mini Stamper & Uberchic 6-02
Yellow - Fab ur Nails Jumbo Squishy Stamper & Bundle Monster BM XL212
Grey - Bundle Monster Stamper & Creative Shop 25
Blue - 2 in 1 Crystal Stamper & Sugar Bubbles SB020

So my final thoughts -

I do like these polishes, they are very pigmented and stand out stamped over all colours, they are also great 1 coat polishes.
Because of how pigmented they are I definitely recommend using a base coat and nail protector when stamping.
Some required a little more polish than others when stamping or a harder scrape - this is really trial and error so experiment!
Got great results with all the stampers and plates so a versatile polish

The only let down for me was the dragging/smudging when top coating. I have since done a full mani with the gold which was left a bit longer and was fine so I'm hoping this will be the case with the others but I will have to try and see what happens.
I did only try with 1 top coat but it was my ultimate go to Glisten & Glow HK Girl - I do feel if I leave it a bit longer and use the floating method it should be ok so don't let this put you off.

If you are tempted by these (I highly recommend the gold & silver by the way) you can purchase them here
and as I mentioned above all the stampers and plate brands are available at Rainbow Connection

💙 My Links 💙
Please like/follow/subscribe 💋

Thank you for reading, please leave me any comments below 😘

Love and Stamping
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products