Indie Brand of the Week 1 - Charming Tale Nail Polish

Hi again,

This is the 1st post in a series I am going to do. The world of Indie Nail Polish has gone through a bit of a negative patch recently but it is definitely not all brands and this series is my way of showing support to all those fabulous brands out there.

The 1st brand I am featuring is a relatively new UK indie brand - Charming Tale Nail polish which has been created by @leasnails. This brand is a 5 free vegan friendly brand, with prices starting at £3.30 for a mini bottle.

So far Leah has created 2 collections - The Fairy Godmother Collection and The Fairest of them all Collection

 The Fairest of them all Collection
Picture Credit Instagram @charmingtale

The Fairy Godmother Collection
Picture Credit Instagram @charmingtale

There are also some nail care items including a peel off base coat and latex for around the nail to make clean up easy when doing nail art
Picture Credit charmingtale.co.uk

So already a lot to choose from for such a new Indie brand.

I chose 3 polishes from the Fairest of them all Collection to try 1st - 


Poison Apple - A deep blood red with a slight shimmer too it. I found it really hard to capture the true colour in my pictures though, it looks darker in real life.


The Huntsman - A midnight/denim blue again with a slight shimmer. This was also difficult to capture true to life in a picture, But trust me I love it and had it on for days and it still looked perfect.


Mistress of all Evil - I would say this is and aubergine purple colour, very dark but also has the slightest of shimmer. This was the hardest I found to picture and just looked black but trust me its a deep purple and has to be seen in real like to truly appreciate its gorgeousness!


The macro shots give you the most accurate colour shot I think.

I also loved how they came packaged in a little bag and the handwritten note from Leah was a lovely personal touch.

So when I try a new brand I am looking at the consistency of the polish, application, coverage and dry time and I was very impressed with all of these things. Dried quickly, easy to apply and got great coverage in 2 coats.

This is definitely I recommend you all try and I cant wait to try more of these polishes. If you would like to buy any of these you can purchase them at www.CharmingTale.co.uk.
Also give them a follow on Instagram - @charmingtale and while your there give the creator Leah a follow too - @leasnails because she has an amazing account full of swatches and gorgeous nail art.

I hope you have enjoyed my 1st Indie Brand of the Week, this will be a regular feature every Wednesday and I have lots of lovely brands to show off.

Please leave me a comment below with your thoughts.

Love and Charming Tale Polish

Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products