CBL Spring 2016 - A very special collection

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a good week so far. I'm changing things around this week and instead of my top 4 RC purchases I have some swatches from a very very special collection.

The amazing Leah Ann of Colors by Llarowe recently released her spring collection and not only is it the most gorgeous collection but the inspiration for this collection is just perfect.

This collection is called A Tribute to a Wonderful Friend and here is Leah Ann's introduction for the collection -
There are times in life that we find a person who inspires us.  Even though I have never met Helen as she lives an ocean away, she is my hero.  I always thought life was just a means to an end and that life was a painful journey with rich rewards at the end.  I was wrong.  Helen has shown me that I need to treasure each and every moment here on earth and to live as if tomorrow will never come.  Helen finds joy in the smallest moments and even in adversity.  She is and has been battling an illness with grace, dignity and a zest for life I have not seen before.  She reminds me that there are challenges in life that show us what is really important and how to meet those challenges head on and never give up.  My outlook on life has changed dramatically just from knowing this wonderful lady who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.  Thank God for you Helen, it is an honor to be called your friend.  This collection was inspired by your spirit, your heart and your wonderful soul.

This collection is inspired by the incredible Helen Bull. I got to know Helen through the nail groups on Facebook where she is much more affectionately known as the 'Pink Lady' for her love of all things pink. Helen has been fighting cancer for a while now and she is a true inspiration to all of us in the nail community, she finds a little bit of hope and positivity even on the hardest days, she is the strongest, bravest person I know because she just fights and this collection is a well justified tribute to the amazing pink lady.

Now I have been lucky enough to meet Helen and visit her in her pink palace as she lives about an hour from me and it was an honour to get to do her nails for a trip to Disneyland - and I can honestly say she really is as amazing and incredible as she comes across on facebook, she is a friend and Helen I hope you know how much I love and admire you.

This picture is very special to me because here we are when I visited the pink palace - trust me there was a lot of pink and haribo!

And here are the 4 polishes I got from this collection - there are 8


I had to get the pink for the Pink Princess and this one is called Pretty in Pink. This is a bright pink holo that almost glows, it's so shiny its almost reflective. It has rose pink flakies in it - it sums up Helen perfectly






Miss you my Friend is a light blue holo with silver flakies, It's a bit like pretty in pink in that it drys to an almost reflective shine, it is a very pretty and very wearable blue







You make me smile is a bright cherry pink coral holo (thats my best description!) It is so bright and cheerful and you cant help but smile when wearing this. It's also shot through with a blue/purple shimmer. It had amazing coverage from 1 coat







Finally there was one polish in this collection that I had to get, it literally had my name on it!
Helen is a cream turquoise with pink shimmer. This is my ultimate colour - if I was ever able to design a polish this is exactly what I would want, in fact when i showed my sister she thought I really had got my 'Cinderhellie' polish made so I love this one and love that it's called Helen






So that's the 4 I got, they are all beautiful and perfect as a tribute to the lovely Helen.
These swatches are all 2 coats but I was very impressed with the coverage from 1 coat.

I bought my polishes from Rainbow Connection

A portion of all the proceeds from this collection is going to Helen's Charity Willow Foundation a national charity for adults aged 16-40 to fulfil uplifting and unforgettable special days.

Helen supports this charity and I think its wonderful that the nail community that Helen has so much love for is able to do something to support. She has also set up a Just Giving page for nail lovers to donate so if anyone would like to I will leave the link - https://www.justgiving.com/nailpolish/

It has been a great pleasure to write this post and just like Leah Ann's collection I am dedicating it to my very special friend Helen.
Please leave me any comments below

Love and Polish
Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products